Pumpkin Spice is Nice
While parents enjoy Pumpkin Spice Season with their PSLs, kids can enjoy pumpkin spice too with these healthy, easy to make shakes and spreads that are a hit at the holiday season.
PUMPKIN SPICE SHAKES
It’s like Halloween in a Glass!
- 1 cup milk (cow, almond, or soy)
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cut canned pumpkin
- 1 ripe banana, cut in chunks and frozen
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Blender (make sure an adult supervises use of the blender)
Yield – Makes about 3 cups
- Measure all the ingredients into the blender.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy,
- Divide into cups and enjoy your sweet sip of the season!
This recipe doesn’t need a whole can of pumpkin, so what could you do with the rest? Read on:
PUMPKIN SPICE SPREAD
Terrific on toasted bagels or apple slices!
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a package)
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoon
- Big Spoon for stirring
- Soften cream cheese by letting it sit out of the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.